In order to activate a channel and have it available to all junaio users, your channel will be validated by the junaio team. This validation process can take up to 3 business days.
In cases of approval or rejection you are informed via email. Further, there is a submission log with each of your channels in the "My Channels" section.
What is checked during the validation process
- Does your channel have an interesting and fitting name (Any "tests" in the name and description will most likely have to be rejected - also in other languages :D)
- Does your channel have a descriptive thumbnail (please keep in mind that changing the thumbnail after creating the channel might not be visible immediately due to time to spread the information)
- Does your channel provide a valid description
- For Location Based Channels: Does the region set for your channel represent where information is available
- For Glue/Scan channels: Have you checked that your channels reference images are being detected well under different lightning conditions
- Are movies and sounds correctly encoded and run on test devices
- Is there senseful content coming back that is related to your channels name, thumbnail and description
- In order to have a channel public it may not contain offense materials (e.g. adult content, violence, drugs) or material that might offend certain people or minorities
After the channel has been approved
The information will be processed and after a short time, your channel will be available to all users of junaio.
In case of Location Based Channels, the availability is limited to the region set in your channel.
GLUE Channels are available worldwide. The reference images returned on a pois/search request will be linked to your channel to, so users will find your channel when scanning any of the patterns in your channel.
Changes after approval
Depending on the type of changes, the channel might has to be resubmitted.
You need to re-submit your channel, when you do changes to the channel on the developer portal by editing your channel and clicking save:
- Channel Name
- Channel Type
- Callback URL
- Channel Tags
- Channel Website
- Screenshot Support
- Refresh Time
- Support for Visual Search (GLUE) or LLA Markers (LB)
No Re-submission required
You do not need to resubmit your channel, when you do changes on your server, so on the backend of your channel.
Note: It is however recommended to resubmit your channel, when you do changes to the tracking configuration of your pois/search request for GLUE channels, so it will be updated for junaio's SCAN functionality
IMPORTANT: We regularly check your channel's content to not violate our Terms or return content that is offending or inappropriate (see above).