You are given different opportunities of presenting your content in junaio. This can be with 3D models, images, sound, movies or text only. The way you present your content and how users of your channel are allowed to interact with the information highly depends on you and your channel setup.
This chapter shall give you an overview of the outcome of setting certain tags and what information is mandatory for displaying your content and information the way you anticipate.
First impressions are important
Upon glancing at your channel's icon and title, users will decide whether they have a look at your channel or not. Please take some extra time thinking about a good title and thumbnail. This will be valid so users know immediately if your channel provides the information they are looking for. Your thumbnail should best be provided with 250x250 pixels. Also the description is important to provide additional information, especially if loading times are a little longer than average.
Your Channel as a list entry
The first look of your channel is always a short representation of it. There is a channel thumbnails on the left, the title as well as the rating mentioned. The title and the thumbnail will give users a quick idea of what you channel is about. The rating indicates its popularity.
Channels details view
Each channel also has a detailed view. There is a bigger logo shown, the title, the channel creator and a description. Describe your channel in as few words as possible, still giving important information for the users to know what he or she can expect from choosing your channel. The description should at least have the following information:
- What does your channel do?
- Who is your channel aimed for?
- Is it a game, a tour, can you find things?
- If it is a game, how long does it take, what do you have to do?
- If you channel does provide information everywhere, where can it be used mainly?
Looking inside your channel
Once the user has opened your channel, the first impression can be very different. Your channel could be a GLUE or Location Based Channel, you could be using 3D information or text or the user could have left off with the LiveView, MapView or ListView.
View Types of your channel
junaio currently supports three types of showing your content for Location Based Channels. GLUE channels only support LiveView.
- LiveView: This is the AR View of junaio. All your information will be displayed overlaid onto the real world. Directly in the LiveView, thumbnails will be used for the overlays and the pop up.
Of course you can also add 3D Models to the LiveView, customizing them any way you like.
- Map View: The POIs of your Channels will be shown as icons.
- List View: Your POIs will be shown as a list with thumbnail and title.
junaio uses different Object types, which are determined based on the information provided. Depending on your expertise, you can choose what is best for your use case and both will define the layout and interactions in the channel significantly.
- Model3D: 3D Models will have to have assets3D referenced in the AREL XML structure and be dynamically created as arel.Objects.Model3D in the AREL JS interface. Model3Ds can be used for GLUE channels and Location Based Channels and usually consist of a model (mesh) and a texture (material).
Example:LBS Quickstart: Location Based 3D Models
GLUE Quickstart: Animations and GLUE
- POI: Pois are used for Location Based Channels only and are always geo referenced (latitude, longitude). POIs will be rendered in a default way by junaio and a popup must usually be defined with a description and buttons for linking additional information.
Example: LBS Quickstart: Customizing POIs
You can also customize the GUI with 3D Models or simply with HTML.
Example: LBS Quickstart: Filter The World
Supported graphic files
junaio supports PNG and JPG files for icons and thumbnails of POIs and 3D Models or textures of 3D Models.
Different file size and dimension as suggested can be used. However, keep in mind that increasing file sizes slow down your channel, because images have to be downloaded from your server. Providing Icons and Thumbnails is only necessary if a Location Based Channel is created or a Popup is being defined.
- thumbnail: This image will be displayed in the LiveView and List View of the junaio mobile application. Dimension for the thumbnail should not exceed 250x250px.
- icon: Icons of POIs will be used as a representation of a POI in the MapView. Dimension for the icon are suggested to not exceed 150x150px.